Cell Phone Madness
This article is about how cell phones are replacing laptops. These are not ordinary phones that just call or text message people. These phones consist of 32 megabytes of memory, a 1.8 inch color screen, web browser, and microsoft applications. These users can send and recieve emails, make changes to documents and more. This phone is specifically called the treo. Considering cell phone prices are going up, this is very useful. Although laptops will never disappear, this phone is smart enough to do anything a laptop can do. The technology today is becoming better and better due to new innovations made daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its crazy what phones can do today. I agree laptops will never disappear but as cell phones get more and more advanced they will take a good part of the computers share.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with this post. People are going to be carrying around little touchpad super computers soon. Ones with more power storage so you don't have to plug them in and more space to do your work. Just look at the Ipad. This is a version of what I'm talking about. Why not put everything into one. Soon enough they will be mass produced and sold at lower prices. In the next 10 years everyone will ultimatly HAVE to have one to fuction in everyday society just like cell phones. Just think 10 years ago today I had my first phone with no storage space, single colored screens with the only capability to play snake and call people.
ReplyDeletePhones can really do a lot of advanced things. I agree that they will never fully wipe out laptops. They can do a lot more things and it’s easier to do multiple things on a laptop. But phones are definitely making it less important to bring laptops everywhere. Having phones that can do so many things will greatly improve peoples productivity.
ReplyDeleteI am really impressed to read about the advances technology is making, and will continue to make over the next few years. I do agree with the post, i see people using phones that are mini laptops. If they have the same capabiites as laptops like processing and memory etc, maybe one day they would actually replace latops altogether.
ReplyDeleteCell phones are consistently becoming more and more like mini computers. I know a lot of people that barely even use their home computers or laptops anymore because they have phones that they can do everything that they need to do on them.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I love my phone, I cannot stand the idea of it as a "mini computer." I could never imagine that in a few years, I might not have an actual computer anymore. When you think about it, imagine writing a paper on your phone or doing your online classes. Although it probably will not happen, it definetly has the capability. While I think it is great that technology is advancing, I cannot see how much more advanced a cell phone should be and I think that this new advancement should be geared towards other things.
ReplyDelete